Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utopia

+7
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Book the Hero
Creation of Pokerus
Shadoe Mayari
AbsolWings
quackers are yummylicious
Big Uri
11 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

Utopia - Page 30 Empty Re: Utopia

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:45 pm

The worry on Kira's face was replace with a faint look of relief, though she still worried about him. "If it's aching, there might be shrapnel in there from the wounds...or if you broke a bone," she explained, not quite sure why Luke was o hesitant about letting her fix him up. It wasn't like she hadn't seen worse, she had stitched him up after his fight with Nathan. Even if she had vomited afterwards.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:01 am

"Yeah, I think I might have broken a bone or two, but I got stitched up and operated on afterwards, so I should be fine," Luke replied worriedly, trying not to think back to when it had happened and trying to get Kira off-topic at the same time, which was difficult considering he'd never tell her to stop. "That should leave me alright, right?"
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:10 am

Kira still looked rather worried, though she reluctantly let it drop. "Plese don't hide things like this from me, especially if I can help," she sighed after a few moments, looking away from Luke. It hurt a bit to think that there were still things Luke was trying to hide from her, even if she did want to respect his privacy.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:22 am

"I'm not lying! I got beat up really badly and shot a couple years ago, but I got the bullet removed, got operated on, and now I'm fine. Look, proof," Luke replied, half-exasperated, half-apologetic, unbuttoning his shirt to reveal his torso, muscled but battered. He still had the horrible scar in the middle of his chest from Nathan, along with a pretty nasty one from a bullet in his right shoulder and one or two barely noticeable ones.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 am

Kira bit her lip, running her fingers over the scar from the bullet. She couldn't help but imagine what he condition he must've been after that fight, unable to help but blink back tears. After a moment she pulled her hand away from Luke rubbing her eyes. "S-Sorry," she stammered, sorry for starting to cry, sorry for not being there when he was hurt.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:34 am

"It's alright, it's alright," Luke replied quietly, wrapping Kira in a hug when she started to tear up. There wasn't anything in the world he hated more than seeing his old team-mate cry, especially when he considered how often she felt bad for things she shouldn't. "I'm fine now, and I'm here for you. You don't need to be sorry about anything."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:43 am

At this gesture, Kira only started to cry more, letting out three years of frustration and loneliness. "L-Let me go!" she protested weakly, squirming a bit in the hug. "I...I'll get you wet..." Not that she didn't want to hug Luke, that was probably the thing she wanted most. The idea of hurting him because she was being selfish made her feel even worse.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:49 am

"I just took a shower, I'm sure I can handle the tears, Kira. It's okay, I'm here for you," Luke replied with a gentle smile, still hugging her as she cried. The way he saw it, he had left her alone for over three year, the least he could do was be there for her now, the one time that he was actually there for it. He felt it was only right.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 am

Kira stood there tense for a few seconds, unsure what to do. Finally, she just gave in, hugging Luke tightly as she cried against him. Maybe it couldn't hurt to be selfish for just a few minutes, especially if Luke said it was okay. Maybe it wouldn't hurt as much if she just got it all out. "S-Sorry, I'm sorry..." she whimpered.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 am

"Hey, like I said, you have no reason to be sorry. The ball's in my court for that one, I'm afraid," Luke replied guiltily, feeling like it was wrong for Kira to be stuck feeling so badly when it was he who had done so much wrong. In fact, her reaction only served to exacerbate his guilt. "I'm sorry I left you Kira, I'm sorry I scared you so much, I really am. You don't deserve this."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:04 am

Kira hugged Luke tighter when he started apologizing. Why? It wasn't like any of this was his fault. It wasn't his fault he told the truth, not was it his fault he had to run away for it. Luke was right about one thing, though: she didn't deserve this. She didn't deserve someone who still seemed to love her even after he'd seen her at her ugliest.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:50 pm

Nathan nodded when Rebecca said thanks, a half smile playing at his lips. Now up close he was only more puzzled that he didn't recognize her, he could feel a familiarity coming from her that he still couldn't put his finger on. Hearing Zackary's remark he rolled his eyes and then smirked, turning to face the wind manipulator.

"Next time?" He questioned with a raised eyebrow. "We going to go around saving damsels in distress from thugs? Darkman and Windboy, maybe we'll even get our own show." He was analyzing Zackary with his intuitive aptitude, sensing at his flow and slightly probing his thoughts.

"As for here, you're going to have to start being more specific about what here is..." He added with a fold of his arms. "Here as in the city, here as in the alleyway or just here as in alive?"
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:23 pm

"You better not go back to feeling bad, right?" Luke warned her, letting go of here after a while before smiling encouragingly at her. He knew she beat herself up a lot for what seemed to him to be no reason at all, but he really wanted to avert that and hoped that it had kind of stopped in the years since he'd seen her last.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 pm

"Or what, you'll hug me again?" Kira teased weakly, rubbing her eyes. Luke was too nice. "I-I'll try," she promised after a few seconds, not really wanting to worry Luke, even if was something she found she had very little control over.

She glanced out the window, her heart dropping a little at how low the sun was getting. She didn't really want to leave, but figured it would be rude to ask to stay the night. It would be best to get home before it was dark...
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:45 pm

"Don't tempt me," Luke replied with a wry smile, leaning back and following her gaze, albeit more cluelessly as he didn't think about the responsibilities that she had to get back to. It was mostly wilful on his part, not wanting her to leave again so soon. He didn't really have anything to answer the 'or what?' with, though, he had to admit.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Kira bit her lip, suddenly finding the ground very interesting. "I should...I should probably leave soon," she said softly. It was fairly obvious that she didn't really want to leave, either. She'd imagined that finding Luke would make everything better again, but it hadn't occurred to her that they wouldn't always be able to be together.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:03 pm

"Perhaps, I should have said it differently," Zackary said, despite Nathan's proding face. "What were you doing at the hospital, causing all that commotion. I could hear you all the way down town." The wind user then chuckled. "Windboy? I thought it would be Windman and Darkboy."

"Uhm...I'll just be going..." Rebecca said, trying to scoot around Nathan. However, Zackary noticed her face and then frowned. Uh oh...

"Have we met before?"
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:36 pm

"Fine... fine, I'll level with you," Nate responded to Zackary, his hands held up in mock surrender, "Batman and Robin?" He added, gesturing first to himself and then to Zackary. He lowered his hands and smirked again. "The hospital was a way to get the President and his police force worried. The way they null people and imprison certain others isn't okay with me."

Noticing Rebecca beginning to walk off and hearing what Zackary said, Nathan moved forward so he was nearby. He didn't take his eyes off the hospital secretary.

"That's exactly why I am in this alleyway, I saw her earlier and thought I'd seen her somewhere."
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:39 pm

"Interesting, hitting the hospital in an attempt to stop the nulling." Zackary said, scratching his chin. "Acer probably. Someone in background? No one of real notice?"

Hearing Acer, Rebecca tensed up, however continuing on.

"Or, possibly what's her face, the person who could transform."
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:53 pm

Nathan had also raised a hand to his chin and was slowly stroking his stubble, he like Zackary was following Rebecca with his gaze. With his Intuitive Aptitude eyes he noticed the tense up from Rebecca and he knew that he and Zackary were onto something.

"I didn't know there was a Shape Shifter in the tournament..." Nathan mused. "Did you know any Shape Shifters?"
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 pm

"There was that one girl, the one with a mace I think," Zackary said, Rebecca having moved just slightly past the corner of his eye. "Or that Latin girl."

Rebecca tried her best not to react to that comment.

"It's been too long for me to actually remember names," Zackary frowned as the wind started to blow. Not by him of course.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:59 pm

"Oh the mace girl, that was Rosa." Nathan announced loudly enough for Rebecca to hear. He didn't see her stiffen so that ruled that one out. She looked really familiar. He wasn't sure why he couldn't place it, he knew everyone from the Acer Tournament. He'd had plans to kill them all carefully laid out at one point... but he couldn't recognize this girl.

OOC: Are we going with the history between Sage and Nate from Nate's bio for Utopia or are we going to have them not really know each other?
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:04 pm

"Wh-Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense," Luke replied sadly, scratching the back of his head reluctantly. He noticed her reluctance to leave and reciprocated it, but he knew that there was barely anything he could do. That enraged and deeply saddened him, but he kept it under wraps. "It was awesome seeing you again."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:25 pm

OOC: I thought Nathan wiped her memories of him. But yeah, I thought we were going with the bio stuff.

---

"Ah, Rosa. Yeah. That was the name," Zackary said, turning around to face Rebecca, who was finally almost out of the allyway. "No. She looks like she might have been, what, thirteen during the tournament."

Rebecca nearly facepalmed. Of course, she would have forgotten to make herself look a different age. Damn Zackary and his eyes. And his good guessing. ...Dammit.
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Kira bit her lip, before rocking back on her heels. "I told Jason's babysitter that...he'd be staying the night there...I-I was having a panic attack and couldn't find the medication..." she began hesitantly, deciding she'd rather be rude than see Luke look sad like that. "And, I ran out from work today l-like I was going to vomit, so I...I was planning on calling i-in sick tomorrow to make it more believable..." she paused, shifting a bit awkwardly. "I could stay the night...I mean, if you want me to..."
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next