Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Utopia

+7
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Book the Hero
Creation of Pokerus
Shadoe Mayari
AbsolWings
quackers are yummylicious
Big Uri
11 posters

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

Utopia - Page 34 Empty Re: Utopia

Post by Big Uri Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:11 pm

"Huh, didn't think you were a smoker," Russell replied with a slight shrug of his shoulders, though he nodded regardless. He had been a heavy smoker since his army days, when they had been in plentiful supply and he had needed something to help with the stress every minute that he could get one. Even whn he had arrived in Utopia, he had kept up the habit, the police unit proving almost as stressful as his old occupation, if not occasionally more.

-------

"Oh, that makes much more sense. We usually just pressed something to our faces if we had to go outside the shelter, like a jumper or something. Usually if we were sent scavenging we would get one of those paper masks, but we used to have to go back to the shelter after a few minutes just in case. I remember both my little brother and my older sister got really sick from the fumes," Luke responded interestedly. He never really talked about the Storm that much, and it was odd to think how much more he talked about after it.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:39 pm

"Not too much, or I try not," Heidi responded, her lips slightly pursed. "I've got issues with alcohol, so gotta do stress relief somehow." She knew she had an issue with using substances as an escape, but figured if she tried to limit herself, she'd be fine.

---

A slightly curious look passed over Kira's face at the way Luke called his home shelter, though she didn't really bring it up. Talking about her life before the Storm was a bit of an awkward and frightening topic for her, especially since it reminded her of how little of her mother and friends she remembered. "The air is...a lot nicer here," she said after a second, glad for that fact.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:52 pm

"More than I can say," Russell murmured darkly under his breath, fishing out two cigarettes and handing Heidi one the moment they were out of the hospital. He lit his and offered her the lighter while taking a drag. He was a chronic smoker, going through at least a pack most days. He wasn't too much better when it came to alcohol either, and spent a lot of his nights in the pub or just at home with a few bottles. He told himself it was worth it if it helped him cope.

-------

"Yeah, I can't argue with that," Luke agreed with a smile, taking his drink from the returning waiter. He looked across at Kira, trying to remember the last time they had gone out together. Neither of them were particularly social people, especially not Kira, so even when they were together, Luke hadn't really liked going out to busy places all that often.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Heidi took the lighter gratefully, lighting her's as well before handing the lighter back to Russell. "Thanks," she muttered as she blew out some smoke. She stood there, looking up at the sky, occasionally tapping some ash off the end of her cigarette. "Should'a thought to go into the alcohol business considering how many people are drunks nowadays," she commented, knowing that she probably counted as one of those people. Poor planning on her part.

---

Kira gave Luke a small smile as the waiter returned with their drinks, taking a sip of her's. "So, what have you been up to lately?" she asked after a moment of silence, her curiosity winning against her politeness. She hadn't been doing anything too interesting as of late, so maybe Luke would at least have some good stories out of it, even if she didn't necessarily approve.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm

"Heh, I know a few people in the alcohol and tobacco businesses, and they're making a damn killing," Russell laughed, a dry tone to his voice because he had just taken a drag. He idly wondered what he would be if he wasn't a policeman. A particularly grim suggestion was a revolutionary, so he quickly derailed that train of thought. "Dunno if I'd have the patience or will to deal with people in the sales business though."

------

"Uh, a bit of this, bit of that," Luke replied nervously, caught off guard a bit by her sudden inquisition. He was sure that she knew he was a criminal, and more than just dissenting with the government's verdict on Tom falling. He wasn't sure, however, just how much she knew, and just how much detail he should go into, or what would make her unhappy and disappointed in him. "Not all of it entirely legal."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:36 pm

Heidi shook her head with a sigh. "Yeah, unfortunately, I'm right there with 'y. I'd prob'ly knife half the dumbasses that walk in," she commented, before a frown settled on her face. "Fuck," she stated. "I'm gonna need to get a job again. And I can't work at the hospital anymore, since they fuckin' nulled me." Well this was just great.

---

Kira raised an eyebrow at Luke avoiding the question. "If you don't want to talk about it, you can just say so," she smiled reassuringly, reaching across the table and squeezing Luke's hand. "It's alright." While she would like to know, she figured it was Luke's business, and if he didn't want to involve her in that, then he didn't have to.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm

"You're staying at Tom's house, right? I don't know if that still has electricity or anything, but I think it might. I know he's still getting paid by the President while he's in a coma, so there's still a Flow of money there. And I guess eventually you can get a job, I was going to fund expenses while you're helping me with the investigation," the detective explained, tapping off a hot rock and watching it fall to the floor while exhaling smoke.

------

"Well, yeah, some of it I'd rather avoid, but it's mostly just carrying messages, to be honest," Luke replied genuinely. Oddly enough, her saying that he didn't have to made him more ready to say something. He smiled back at her when she squeezed his hand before continuing. "I mean pretty much everything is censored, and most mail is looked through, so I help communicate between people who are aware of this and want their news private."
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Heidi shrugged a little. "If it doesn't, I'll figure something out. But thanks. Gives me a bit of time to figure out what I'm not terrible at," she sighed, rubbing the back of her neck before taking another drag. It was awfully obvious how dependent she had been on her Flow to make a living. Now what was she supposed to do? She was pretty sure it wouldn't be any easier to get a job now that she had a record.

---

Kira smiled a bit more at this news, a look of relief briefly crossing her face. "Oh, so it's not too dangerous, right?" she clarified, figuring that with a job like that, she wouldn't have to worry about Luke any more than she normally would. Plus, if Luke was a mail deliverer basically, then that could make it easier for them to stay in touch.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm

"Don't worry about it. Ugh, anyway, we should probably get going now," Russell announced, looking at the darkening sky and flicking his spent cigarette away. He figured that if he was going to justify his releasing of a convict from prison, he had better knuckle down and actually get some do the job he was being to do. He opened the door to his car, checking his watch while he did.

-----------

"Well, it's mostly pretty safe, but occasionally the feds or the cops get word that I'm going somewhere, and I have to run away from them. I mean they're usually pretty easy to avoid when you get to the rooftops," Luke explained, lowering his voice and looking around to make sure no one was able to hear them. He didn't want to worry Kira too much, but he also didn't want to lie to her after he had tried to earlier.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Heidi nodded in agreement, dropping her cigarette as well and stamping it out. "So where exactly are we going?" she asked as she opened the passenger side door, getting into the car. She wasn't really that bothered by looking through the Acer files, and it could even be a little fun. Everything had just seemed to fall apart after the tournament, anyway.

---

"I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you," Kira chuckled softly, trying to make light of the situation. There was no point in making everything so tense. "It's good that you're staying in shape," she encouraged, smiling widely. She felt sometimes like she should take up running again, but there simply wasn't enough time. Keeping a garden was top on her list, anyway, not exercise.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34