Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHOT in the Back

+6
MrMissMrs Random
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Book the Hero
Rose Hathaway
that fang
Dobi Boshi
10 posters

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

SHOT in the Back - Page 11 Empty Re: SHOT in the Back

Post by Big Uri Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

"Some men have all the luck," Briggs muttered, unable to hide his jealousy. He had gone into jail with he was seventeen, and now he came out, thirty two years later, and if Siegrain was to be believed, then their crimes didn't even compare. Yet this guy had gotten away with what must have been around ten years or so. "Can't help but wonder who's behind it. I'm not too familiar with the intimate details of the Marisol underground, but I can't see why either family would break the truce. Of course, assuming it's them. Could be a newcomer, a dissenter in one of the families, the possibilities are endless."

-----

Lauren smiled at Elena, her eyes quite a bit darker than they had used to be. She had been surprised at first to learn that Elena still had a picture of Chris, when Lauren's immediate impression had been that Elena hadn't given a shit about the late hitman. That said, her perception of Chris had been coloured to believe he was a bumbling idiot until he had rescued Elena and killed Hercules. She stepped fully into the room, walking up and standing opposite Elena.

"Do you want me to do anything? Get you anything?" she asked respectfully.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:59 pm

"Yeah, well whoever's behind it I wish they'd left me to rot in prison were I belonged." Siegrain muttered, having downed what was left of his drink as Briggs spoke. Sighing, he pulled a few of the leftover notes he had from the inside pocket of his suit jacket. "This should cover the drinks." He said, setting the money down.

Getting up from his stool, he hung his head, ruffling his own hair again, "Thanks for talking to me, Briggs. You're a good guy in my book, hopefully we'll cross paths again in the future, it was nice having someone to vent to. Keep care of yourself, you hear me?"

He'd made up his mind, he was going to track down Ethan and talk to his brother. Briggs had him convinced, life was to short and unpredictable not to do it. And he had an idea where to start, well, truth be told he had two. Then again he really didn't want to face either women again, he had to pick one of them. He figured Elena would be less inclined to shoot him, so he'd start with her; hopefully she wouldn't give him a reason to regret the decision. Knowing her however, she most defiantly would; but he had little choice in the matter.

---

Lila yawned, dropping down onto the sofa in her living room, a bowl of popcorn on the table and TV remote in hand, snuggling up into the corner she sighed happily. It was nice to have some peace and quite to enjoy Passions. But as she turned the TV on, she found that her program had instead been replaced by an emergency report. There had been an attack...? Groaning, she twisted in her seat, leaning over the arm of the chair to snatch the phone from its cradle on the table stand and quickly dialing Ethan.

"He better not be involved in this..."
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Mood : Done with winning as I have already won~

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:08 pm

"Adios, Siegrain. Good luck with repairing your reputation," Briggs waved over his shoulder, the older man staring at his empty drink and wondering whether he should buy himself another one. It didn't take him long to decide that another one or two wouldn't hurt.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 pm

"You know me, the dark avenger who helps the helpless," Siegrain joked, waving over his shoulder as he headed for the door, a slight smile on his face. Walking out into the mid afternoon air, he had to admit that maybe things wouldn't be so bad after all. Then he remembered who he was going to see.

So with a sigh, he set off in the direction of the Ching compound, the sooner he faced the she-devil the sooner he could get the hell away from her again.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Melena watched Myrrh with slight interest. There wasn't much to do and the site had been mostly picked clean, so she had very little evidence to go by. But when the person who had just caught her attention found something, it brought interest. Judging by the man's scowl, it couldn't be good, and a faint memory made her wonder if she knew him or not.

Mel shrugged. She'd probably seen him somewhere before, like many people, but didn't care to remember. All people were just bags of blood-while some were dangerous bags of blood with guns and knives- and those bags were meant to be cut open. Perhaps one day she'd have the pleasure to make a bigger mess than anyone could imagine.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by Stabberz Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Ethan merely shrugged and ignored Lena's point. Instead he increased the speed at which they were travelling so he wouldn't be able to hear anything that she said. He had finally understood why Damon had taken so much pleasure in this bike.

The speeds and adrenaline rush were brilliant and really helped gear him up for a fight as well as get rid of any post fight urges. Which for someone who was as wired as Damon had been would've been very beneficial.

As they pulled up on a traffic light, Ethan felt his phone ring and sighed. Turning his head slightly he opened the visor.

"My phone's going off, it's probably Lila. Patch the call through to your headset and answer it for me?" He suggested. The lights were already turning to amber.

---

Elena returned the smile to Lauren. Despite the woman's over zealous attempts to please her, Elena had begun to see her more as a friend and confidant. Not that she'd let that slip.

The manipulative woman pondered her offer her eyes looking over the many computer screens of her own office. "Nothing I can think of, other if you could fetch me my usual alcoholic drink," she asked.

She spun around in her chair and faced Lauren. "Get yourself something to drink as well and then we'll analyse the holes in my plans again."
Stabberz
Stabberz

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:50 pm

"Of course," Lauren nodded happily, heading out of Elena's office and over to where they kept the drinks, which wasn't too far away. She had gotten used to Elena's choices and habits, and all she could do was keep on going as loyally as she could, doing whatever she could to make her boss happy. She returned a minute or two layers, carrying a drink in either hand.

She pulled set the drinks down on Elena's desk, her practice as a waitress, albeit in some odd places, coming in handy as she kept her hands steady and didn't spill anything on whatever papers or equipment her superior had. She pulled up another chair, sitting down opposite what she felt was the real power in the Chings and deciding to let her boss start them off.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:54 pm

Lena mentally groaned, as he just picked up speed, ignoring what she had to say. So much for the whole "listening to what the other had to say"-thing, that partners usually had.

Lena sighed, before reaching her hand forward, and pulling his hone out of his pocket, so that she can get to work. Within a couple second with she had connected the call over to her. "H-hello? Lila?"
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Doque groaned irritably, walking towards what was left of the house. She was surrounded by idiots! Honestly, these people didn't know how to run a crime scene; they'd let all the valuable witnesses escape. Her opinion was only reinforced by the complete stranger she noticed walking around the scene, poking around in the rubble. "Oh fucking hell," she cursed to herself, pulling out her pistol and aiming it at the man.

"Stand up and back away from the rubble, or I'll put a bullet in you," she called towards him irritably, as she slowly moved closer. Sure, her actions weren't exactly regulation, but she was grumpy.
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Myrrh turned around to face the cop and put his hands up. He'd seen all he needed to, so he didn't have any reason to put up a fight. Plus he didn't really feel like a fight today. "Good afternoon, officer," he said conversationally, ignoring the pistol. Myrrh knew she wouldn't shoot unless he gave her good reason to, which he wouldn't. "You seemed to have missed a spot in your investigation?" He pointed his gaze at the gas canister.
that fang
that fang

Mood : MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 pm

"Don't include me with my idiot coworkers," Doque snapped. "Kneel on the ground, get out your ID and place it on the ground, then lay face down with both hands over your head," she instructed, glancing over at Mel. "Mel, go make sure the idiots are actually doing their job. Make sure there aren't any other civilians."
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:13 pm

"I want to. But it might be a little difficult..." Andrea said. If the fight between the De Luca's and the Chings started up again, it wouldn't be the safest to go to school. And what if the fight lasted for years, generations like the last time?

Andrea moved back from leaning against the wall, rubbing her head. A minute or so later a flush was heard.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 am

Ezra observed the crime scene from a bit further away, moreso interested in the explosion than looking for clues. Of course, the former assassin was always interested when he heard about something like this.

Not to mention, it was in Marisol. Oh how he missed those days...well, not really. Getting rather bitched out by the Queen herself.

"It's a shame I can't track them any more. When all goes to hell in one place, it goes to hell somewhere else," the assassin murmured to himself, wondering if he should pull out the false FBI badge.

Nah. Looking at the wreckage told him enough.

---

When Karl had finally found his way into the backyard, he pulled out his cellphone, and started to dial up his work. When someone picked up, he asked for his manager. Of course when she came to the phone, and he pretty much explained what happened.

The result was him being fired. She had actually been searching for ways to fire him, or get him to quit for a while now. She finally found a way.

But what really ticked him off, was that she had said 'don't bother tying to be a chef with only one good hand. You'll only be a disgrace."
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix
Ra The BlazeWingPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:21 pm

"The things I do sometimes..." Myrrh muttered, more amused than annoyed at the cop's orders. He did what he was told, pulling out his driver's license - his real one, with MYRRH FABLOUE in the name slot. "Need anything else, officer? My address, phone number, maybe my blood type?" he asked, letting a small smile grace his lips as he looked up from the ground.

"Sounds like he's done," Carlotta nodded. "You should probably help him now. The sink's pretty tall."
that fang
that fang

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm

Doque glanced at the identification, skimming it briefly and mentally jotting down the details. She let out a sigh, lowering her gun, despite the fact that part of her wanted to shoot this Mr. Fabloue just for smiling at her like that. He was far too smug. However, he hadn't picked anything up, nor had he resisted. "Get up and get out," she muttered, though she still kept a hand on her weapon.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:38 pm

"Yes, ma'am," Myrrh suppressed a chuckle (and 'suppressed' is used only loosely here; let's just say he failed). The cop hadn't mentioned the gun holster worn brazenly on his hip, but maybe it was because he hadn't tried to shoot her? Guns used to be common as self-defense tools during the days of the clan wars, so this lady had probably been employed during those days as well.

"You should probably send that to the lab," he repeated, glancing again at the canister. "I've seen those around many times before."
that fang
that fang

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:45 pm

"And so have I. You don't need to tell me how to do my job," Doque stated. Her job was not border control, though, so why was she doing it? Oh, right, because she was surrounded by idiots. "Now come on, get out of here and stay out. If I see you in another crime scene, Mr. Fabloue, I will arrest you."
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

"Lena?" Lila snapped, oh this was only confirming her suspicions, that boy was headed straight for trouble. "Put Ethan on the phone, damn it, I want a word!"
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by that fang Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:57 pm

Myrrh laughed this time. "I have no doubt that you will, Miss." He pushed himself off the ground and put his driver's license back into this wallet. Then he pulled out the cell phone and started to walk away slowly, dialing a memorized number as he went. The crowd was still making a lot of noise, and he wanted to finish this call before he reached them.

"Dominick de Luca speaking?" answered the person on the other end.

"Dom, sir," Myrrh said in greeting. "I went to the scene and found the gas canister. The manufacturer matches with the company Ching normally uses."

Tense silence, then, "I see. Anything else?"

"Hm? Oh, no. A police officer kicked me off."

Dom sighed. "That's not much to go off of, Myrrh. It's not concrete evidence."

"I know," Myrrh responded. He hadn't expected anything more. It was also incredibly clumsy of the Chings (assuming they did it) to leave a signature at the crime scene, especially during the truce.

"I'll take precautions," Dom agreed tiredly. "I don't want this to happen again. Teach Andrea your drill for attacks."

"Yessir," Myrrh said, saluting nothing. Dominick hung up, so Myrrh tucked the phone into his pocket just as he reached the police tape.
that fang
that fang

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:02 pm

"I wish I could, cause I really need you to talk him out of doing what he is about to do..." Lena said into the headset, before sighing. "But he's driving right now, and at the speed he's going, I'm really scared to distract him."
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:06 pm

"Talk him out of doing what? Talk, girl, what exactly is going on in this town right now!?" Oh she was going to ground his ass this time, she didn't care how old he was. She had to put her foot down now and stop this, she wasn't going to lose Ethan the way she lost his brother's. He was all he had left now.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm

"Andrea's house got attacked, and burned down, don't worry, they're ok, the De Lucas took them to a safe place, but I wasn't able to find out much more, so I suggested to just quietly ask around the compound for their location...But Ethan apparently has another idea on how to go about it." She said with a frown, as she tried to explain the best she could. She didn't really like it when Ethan tried to act like Damon, either.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobi Boshi Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:49 pm

"He does, does he?" I'm going to shoot out his knee caps at this rate...! "Well you tell him to get his ass back here right now or I'll come and get him, and it won't be pretty; I swear that much." Lila hissed down the phone, she wasn't going to let either of them get mixed up in this again, she'd worked to hard the past few years to make sure they couldn't get suckered back in and she wasn't going to let Ethan's inferiority complex destroy it all in one stupid blunder.
Dobi Boshi
Dobi Boshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:57 pm

"Ethan, Lila wants you back over there, now!" Lena shouted, trying to tell him, over the noise of his driving.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMissMrs Random Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

"Right." Andrea knocked on the door.

"I need help." Max's voice said on the other side. The woman went inside.
MrMissMrs Random
MrMissMrs Random

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next