Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murder World

+3
Book the Hero
Eebit
Silver18
7 posters

Go down

Murder World Empty Murder World

Post by Silver18 Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:20 pm

The year is 2157. Mankind discovered a way to colonize other planets beyond what we knew. Through the vast exploration provided, man discovered that it was, in fact, alone in this universe. Every visited world was uninhabited but far from uninhabitable.

Year: 2180. The population of Earth begins to explode. Colonists begin to relocate to foreign worlds to build their homes.

2185. A single world at the farthest accessible reaches of the cosmos is discovered. It is claimed by a small group of individuals and is publicly advertised from then on as an asylum. A place for the mentally ill to find solace.

2234. The Asylum world's access drive is destroyed. All communications with the outside worlds are cut. Ownership is transferred from the original owner and the world, itself, is remodeled, being designed to resemble a planet-sized amusement park and circus. Individuals begin to pop up with truly bizarre abilities, many of which defying the very laws of nature.

2237. The Asylum is officially renamed "Murder World", now run by a mad man who calls himself "Jack-in-the-Box". His goal? To use the inhabitants as toys and watch them all kill one another.

2250. Jack grows bored with his accomplishments. He creates the "Hunter-Killers", giant machines meant to level Murder World unless someone can actually manage to stop them.

Let The Games Begin...

MURDER WORLD
Silver18
Silver18

http://blip.tv/networknexttv

Back to top Go down

Murder World Empty Re: Murder World

Post by Eebit Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 pm

As I mentioned in your welcome thread just a few moments ago, I've read both of your interest checks and both are very tantalizing! I think I'd be very interested in joining in on this one, indeed. One thing, however; in the thread description, you mention that one of the 'genres' that this RP encompasses is comedy. Care to elaborate on that aspect of things? It seems to me like this would be a bit on the grimmer side, but I'd love to hear your plans!
Eebit
Eebit
The Flowerman

http://www.zejroleplaying.org/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver18 Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 pm

The RP hardly takes itself seriously. The primary character just narrates seriously because she's about the least insane one and is generally very melancholic. Everything else is pretty bizarre, surreal, and doesn't quite weigh much to a lot of characters (Since the majority are psychopaths and homicidal maniacs). The idea is initially to take a bunch of different killers (I'll get the characters later) and pit them all against one nigh-undefeatable killer who always seems to have the upper hand. There are the more subtly insane chunks here and there but three of the main characters are just outrageously psychotic.

Not really heavily emotional or anything when deaths occur. Making a joke of a grim situation, in essence. Also features just a generally dark sense of humor in other regards.
Silver18
Silver18

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:24 am

That actually appeals to me. I might give it a shot.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver18 Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh, right, one other thing. With the exception of the superhero or related RP's, most all of mine have a particular gameplay gimmick. In Murder World it comes in the form of the "Suicide Mission". In which it is fully possible for an NPC to die (In other carnations of the RP elsewhere, players could also die but that meant losing and I don't feel like making it a win/lose RP this time unless you want me to). Basically, based on your own actions in these missions (And it will be very clear when it's time to make decisions) an NPC may live or die...let's make it a goal to try and keep the team alive, huh?
Silver18
Silver18

Back to top Go down

Post by Book the Hero Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Sounds good.
Book the Hero
Book the Hero
Forever a Book

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver18 Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 pm

I'll get to making the OOC thread soon then. Just want to leave this one open a bit longer.
Silver18
Silver18

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Uri Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I'm interested.
Big Uri
Big Uri

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 pm

I'm in as well.
quackers are yummylicious
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Creation of Pokerus Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:31 am

Sure. Kinda sounds like LoL, only less organized.
Creation of Pokerus
Creation of Pokerus

Mood : I don't even...

Back to top Go down

Post by AbsolWings Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:13 pm

V . V
I am in on this. So hard.
AbsolWings
AbsolWings
Kinky Inky

Mood : Snuggly~ Oh so snuggly...