Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

2 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP) - Page 8 Empty Re: Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:30 pm

Jun nodded, clicking his tongue and shaking his head in confusion a second later. They were back in the room with the giant dragon statue, but things were still echo-y in here. He decided to take a gander, turning and walking into a wall. He let out a long string of curses in frustration, which didn’t exactly help his growing headache. He figured Kazu wouldn’t care, though he did try to control himself in front of Rien. He clicked again, listening more carefully this time and turning towards Kazu. “Where’s the table? I don’t wanna trip over it and break stuff,” he asked sheepishly, tugging on his blindfold. At least he could detect the dragon statue, it was big enough that all the echoing didn’t effect it.

Quin continued to lay on the roof, occasionally playing with the winds that were already blowing gently around her. Personally, she liked the sky of Paradise better; it changed and that made it interesting. Here, the sky seemed to stay the same. Plus, it didn’t have all those tiny lights in it, even if it was a brilliant orange.
quackers are yummylicious
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP) - Page 8 Empty Re: Thought Dispersion (A SuvixMasq RP)

Post by Masquerade Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:47 am

Kazu got up from his seat and rushed down the length of the table to carefully take hold of Jun's arm. "It's a good thing you asked because this table is taking up most of the room," Kazu said lightheartedly, leading the guy around it and back to his own seat. The assassin pulled the chair next to his own seat out for Jun. "There ya go, friend. Chair's out and glass is somewhat filled with wine. They haven't given us our food yet," he explained before sitting back down in his own chair. "I'm supposing it's going to be a rather classy supper," he added jokingly, watching as Mayor threw a glance at the entrance to the kitchen.

Rien sighed and placed her drawing to the side. It wasn't quite finished just yet, but she had made enough progress to take a break. Standing up from the desk, she stretched and headed out the door and off to the bathroom farther down the hall, splashing a bit of water on her face and tidying up her hair a bit. One of the maids offered her a warm face towel and she dried herself off before heading down the stairs and around the statue to reach the dining room. She smiled as she watched Kazu leading Jun to a seat. That was kind of him. "Good evening, guys," she greeted them cheerily as she made her way down the table to take a seat next to the Mayor opposite Kazu. She bowed her head slightly to Mayor who returned the gesture with glee. "Quin hasn't made it back yet?"

"I'm afraid I haven't seen your friend anywhere," Mayor said, a bit worried. "Do any of you know where she is? I can send a butler out to fetch her."

"Nah," Kazu lied. "I don't have a clue where she got off to. She might still be on top of your bell tower, but I doubt that. Best not to send anyone." Quin was the type to do things of her own volition. If she wanted food, she'd come back on her own whenever she felt like it. It would probably be best if she didn't join them at dinner anyway. He hated to be like that, but if she lost control like she did at the Council Building, then they would probably be without shelter.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Mood : Tired.

http://eternaldream.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:25 pm

Jun frowned slightly at the mention of wine. He opened his mouth to mention that he wasn’t of age yet, before realizing he was on another world and it probably didn’t matter. Instead, he just closed his mouth and messed up his hair embarrassedly. Truth be told, he’d much rather have pop than wine, but it’d be rude to complain.

At the mention of Quin, his frown deepened. “I dunno, maybe we should find her... I mean, I’m sure she’s capable, but I think it’d be good if she didn’t wander off too far... Who knows what sort of trouble she could get in?” he explained his opinion, craning his neck so he was facing the table, and clicking, trying to figure out where everything was before he accidentally spilled his wine. Wine glasses had big mouths. This was why he liked his water bottles and flasks better; you didn’t lose as much when you spilled them.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:43 pm

At Jun's last words, a butler entered the dining room from the foyer and walked along the table until he was able to whisper something directly into Mayor's ear. A surprised look took hold of Mayor's face and the butler headed back the way he came. "It seems your friend is still atop the tower," Mayor said. "People around town mentioned seeing her talking to Era, the bell tower worker. That was a while ago, but people are sure she's still up there."

"She was talking to someone? Greeeaaattt..." Kazu said with a displeased sigh. "I'm glad that Era fellow is still alive. I'm surprised Quin didn't knock him off the tower."

Rien stood up from her seat suddenly. "I'll go and get her then," she said tersely, a hint of agitation in her voice. "There's something she needs to know anyway, along with yourself. It's best if we get it out of the way now." She turned to look down at Mayor. "How do I get to the top?"

"You can't fly like your friend did?" Mayor responded innocently before the glare he received from Rien convinced him that the answer to that question was 'no.' "My apologies. Exit the manor and head straight to the base of the bell tower and there should be a hidden door. It's made to look like the material the bell tower is made out of, but really it's just wood. Open it up and climb the stairs to the top. Be careful though. You'll come out on the ledge so don't take too many steps when you exit the door at the top," he warned. As much as it pained Mayor, there had been a few bell tower incidents resulting in injuries and death. If people were going inside, they needed to be warned of such things.

"All right. I'll be back then," she affirmed, her face as stone. She wasn't exactly delighted, but she was determined to handle this task. A butler opened the front door for her and she headed out, walking right up to the bell tower and inspecting the base. She found the door and opened it; it had no handle so she wound up just pushing up against the fall until she fell into it. Closing it behind her, she headed up the stairs that wound round the edges of the tower, circling the machinery inside. Upon reaching a door at the top, she opened it carefully and stepped out onto the ledge, the breeze blowing her dress around. She was glad she had her hair tied up. Looking up on the roof, she couldn't really see anything. "Quin, are you up there?!" Rien called out loudly, hoping to snag the girl's attention.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm

Quin sat up with a sigh, poking her head over the edge of the roof. Honestly now, she’d just gotten rid of that Era fellow, and now Rien came to disturb her peace? “Do you need something, Rien?” she asked, eying the girl suspiciously. She wasn’t exactly fond of Rien, though then again, she wasn’t really fond of any of her companions.

She sincerely hoped Rien didn’t need anything, but if she didn’t, why would she have sought her out? The wind up here was nice, she didn’t really want to leave... But she didn’t really want her companions to turn on her, so should have to be civil. Dealing with other people was rather hard; she didn’t know how her father did it.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:21 pm

"Oh, good, you're still here," Rien said in relief, placing both her hands over her heart. "I wanted to let you know supper's about to be served. I know you're bound to be hungry," the woman said with a genuine smile. Rien wasn't sure if the girl had munched on anything earlier in the day when they were back in Sanctuary. She could probably go for a hearty meal anyway. Even if things would be tense between her and the others, it wouldn't matter. Rien was just now starting to figure it out for herself, but they were all in this together regardless of what they thought of each other. The Thought Stream had chosen them by will or at random to be tossed into different worlds, but its reason did not matter. All that mattered was that they were all here. Right now.

Back in the mansion, Kazu sighed. "I don't think Rien particularly cared for my comment, but I'm telling the truth," he stated simply, reaching out for his glass and sipping some of the wine. It tasted surprisingly good, but then again, he was used to cheap alcohol at the Amber City tavern. To him, this wine was a godsend. "Compliments," he said to Mayor, tipping his glass to the smiling gentleman.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 pm

Jun chuckled upon hearing Kazu, shaking his head. “I thought it was pretty accurate, too,” he chipped in, awkwardly grabbing his wine glass with both hands and sipping it, recoiling slightly at the taste, before sipping it again. He set the glass down again, quickly deciding that wine was not his thing. “Yeah...it’s good,” he agreed with Kazu, even if he didn’t mean it. No point in being rude.

Quin sighed, pushing herself up and jumping off the roof, the wind catching her and keeping her afloat. She held her rock tightly in one hand, hovering so she was about eye level with Rien. “I suppose you don’t require my assistance to get back down?” she questioned, hoping sincerely that if Rien could get up, she could get down. She leaned back, as if sitting in some imaginary chair, though she was really trying to make herself a bit less aerodynamic so she didn’t have to use as much power to keep herself a float. This could get tiring after a while.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:25 pm

"Hmmm..." Kazu said, taking a glance at Jun. "Don't tell me you don't drink often. You didn't sound too convincing there, friend," the assassin teased, setting his own glass back down. He was about to speak up when several butlers came pouring out of the kitchen with bowls and platters. They placed a large silver platter on the table with a large turkey on it. A few of the bowls possessed things like fresh salad, mashed potatoes, a small bowl of gravy, and made from scratch macaroni and cheese. A platter of biscuits was set down and the butlers took their leave. There was definitely way more food than the five of them could probably eat, assuming Rien succeeded in bringing back Quin.

"Let us wait for the ladies to return before eating," Mayor said politely, seeing a somewhat hungry look in Kazu's eyes. "It would be rude of us to do otherwise as...sophisticated gentleman," he added, pausing to find the proper words to speak.

"I can get down the same way I came up," Rien reassured the girl with a laugh, opening the door in order to get to the inside of the tower. She rushed down the stairs being somewhat reckless, but she managed to avoid tripping over her own feet and passed through the door at the bottom, closing it as she found herself safely on the plaza. Turning, she could see the butler holding open the mansion door for them.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Jun would have rolled his eyes at Kazu, though instead he simply fiddled with his blindfold. “In my world, you weren’t s’posed to drink alcohol ‘til you were 21, and I was a good kid and stayed out of trouble!” he protested, even if he wasn’t really angry. In fact, he was rather proud of the fact that he’d stayed out of trouble for so long. “Plus, y’don’t find a lot of booze wandering around the wasteland.” You think Kazu would have noticed that by his rather ravenous appetite when they had first arrived in Sanctuary.

When the food arrived, Jun’s stomach almost instantly started growling as he wiped the drool off of his mouth. He still wasn’t quite used to having all this food to eat whenever he got hungry. If he wasn’t careful, he’d gain weight! Then he wouldn’t be much help, having to roll around everywhere.

Quin floated down to the ground, walking ahead to the mansion once her feet touched the ground. While she was hungry, she didn’t really want to go to the mansion. She liked it better up on the bell tower, even if there wasn’t food up there.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:21 pm

Kazu laughed lightly and placed a hand over his chest carefully before he realized he still had his clawed gauntlets on. He slipped them off and placed them neatly beside the chair, for it would be difficult to eat with them obstructing his hands. "You've got a valid point there," he offered to Jun. "I'm sorry." The smells from the food were wafting into his nose and his stomach growled. He hadn't had anything to eat on Sanctuary the day they left, and he had no idea for how long they had been knocked out while traveling through that crazy Thought Stream or whatever, or for how long they had remained unconscious in Mayor's back courtyard. It couldn't have been too long; someone would have noticed them if they had been there for a while. The girls better get here soon before I tear into this food, he grumbled in his mind, trying to keep still in his seat, but the food looked so tantalizing just sitting right there.

Seeing that Quin had a lead on her, Rien followed the younger girl into the mansion with the butler closing the door after them. The statue drew Rien's attention for a mere moment before she gestured over to the left. "The dining room's over this way," Rien said softly, walking in that direction and down the length of the dining room table to take her seat once again. "My, the food looks fantastic."

"I had the chefs go all out for tonight, just for my other-worldly guests," Mayor said charmingly with a grin.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:18 am

Quin took the final seat, staring at the food on the table in slight awe. This was a far bigger meal than what her rations had usually been, and it certainly looked tastier as well. All this traveling would take getting used to. On the other hand, she didn’t want to always be hungry when she got home...maybe it would be best to not get used to it at all.

Jun clapped his hands together, grinning widely. The food certainly smelled delicious, and he was quite excited. “Do we have permission to dig in?” he asked merrily. If he’d looked any happier, he’d probably start humming to himself or break out in song. Despite his attempts to clean himself up, it was fairly obvious by his thin face and arms that he didn’t eat that much.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:03 pm

"Of course, of course! Dig in, my guests!" Mayor exclaimed, waving a hand at the food before taking his wine glass in his hand and draining some of the contents. He was going to let everyone else help themselves first like a gracious host. To him, this dinner was about them anyway. Mayor couldn't have thought in a million years that people from other worlds would be sitting at his dining room table. It was still astounding beyond belief. Yet here they were.

"Well, since everyone's here, might as well bring up that question I had," Kazu said nonchalantly as he started working on filling his plate with food, the butlers helping to bring him things that were out of his reach. He noted they did the same for the others to if they needed it. "I noticed that the sky hasn't changed since we got here. Is it always like that?" he asked, watching as an amused look appeared on Mayor's face.

"Is it really the same? My, it is..." Rien said, her plate already fixed. She wasn't much of a heavy eater, though she was rather hungry this evening. She had barely been able to eat back in Sanctuary, and she knew Kazu and Quin were probably starving too. It was great that there was so much food. She dug into the mac and cheese. It was cooked really well; it reminded her more of the food on Alidaire. It didn't have the surreal quality like the food on Sanctuary had. It was less fantastical, but still scrumptious.

"It's rumored that the sky has been the very same since the beginning of time, at least for Darnavan," Mayor explained while starting to finally help himself to some of the food. "The sun stays in the same spot, putting this town in an eternal twilight. That's how we got our name after all--Twilight Villa. Rather appropriate now that you know the truth right?" he asked with a chuckle.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Quin sat poking suspiciously at her food, finally starting to eat a few minutes after everyone else. She wasn’t quite sure what she was eating, though it did taste rather good. It was certainly nothing like the rations back home. Everything came from the same company, and all of it was rather poorly made and disgusting. The bread was always stale, the milk always rotten...at least according to her parents. It would be hard getting used to rations again after she’d been eating this well. The food here was nearly as delicious as it had been in Sanctuary!

When she heard Kazu ask a question, she listened in with vague interest, though quickly zoning back out. She didn’t really care about the sky of this world, even if it always did stay a brilliant orange. Jun, on the other hand, looked quite amazed. “So there’s no stars or moon or anything? Wow! I dunno if I’d be able to sleep-- or wake up for that matter!” he laughed. It was easiest to go to sleep when it got dark, and wake up when it got light. How did these people keep track of time without the sun moving?
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:03 pm

"If you asked anyone here in Twilight Villa, they'd say there were no stars or moon," the Mayor replied after swallowing a mouthful of foot and taking a sip of wine. "None of us have really traveled out to the other parts of the world. We know there are other towns, but it's hard for us to communicate effectively," he explained, scarfing down some more food and dabbing his mouth with a napkin.

"I see. My hometown of Altinor is pretty far away from other cities in Elendia," Rien said with a soft smile. "We use animals and magic to communicate. Do you not have birds here?"

"Of course we have birds," the Mayor replied with a laugh. "They're always trying to eat the crops. We have to build creepy looking puppets and stick them up in the field to keep them away. Never thought about catching them and training them." The fellow seemed to be lost in thought as he pondered the idea, tossing it about in his mind while continuing to eat.

"Oh yes, well..." Rien muttered nervously, gazing at Kazu and then to Quin. "Quin, what do you think of the dragon statue in the foyer? Isn't the detail on it astonishing?" she questioned the young girl lightly, trying to move the conversation onto the topic of Rathoros.

Kazu kept eating the delicious food he had piled on his plate, but his eyes sharpened and honed in on Rien's face. What was the girl so nervous about? Oh yeah. She's talking to a time bomb. My mistake, he thought with a mental sigh, turning his full attention back to his supper.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 pm

Quin nodded slightly, swallowing her small bite of macaroni before giving a verbal answer. “It looks very alive,” she stated, before continuing to eat. She didn’t really have anything to compare it to, though. How was she supposed to know whether the detail was astonishing or not? She supposed it wasn’t Rien’s fault that she didn’t know these things. “I wouldn’t know, though. Most forms of art are frowned upon,” she added after a few seconds in explanation. Perhaps that would make up for her lack of knowledge or opinion.

Jun looked between the two, wondering if Rien was going to try and tell Quin that she needed to control her mouth around Rathoros. He really hoped she had the self control to do so. Getting chased down by a dragon god was not something he had ever wanted to do.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:09 pm

"O-oh, I see," Rien replied, even more unnerved now than before. Her attempt had definitely failed, but she figured she'd move on with it anyway. It was always better to casually lead into important matters than being really direct. "The reason I asked was because Mayor told me and Jun that....well, the artist had actually seen his subject matter in this world," she explained. Her gaze shot over to Mayor who still seemed to be deeply immersed in thought as he ate. Was her idea really that revolutionary? Perhaps it was to Darnavan and its people. Maybe she had actually been of some help to them. "B-but yeah. The dragon's name is Rathoros. He rules over this world apparently. He keeps the weather calm and diseases away from the people, and in return, the people live their lives and cultivate the planet which gives Rathoros energy off of which to feed."

Now Kazu was intrigued. "Hold on. You're saying that thing is actually somewhere out there?" he shot at the girl quizzically. Everything about Darnavan seemed pretty normal, and then suddenly there are giant dragon rulers of the world. He shouldn't have been surprised after everything he had seen in his own world and even Sanctuary, but still, this was a pretty big curve ball.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Quin shrugged, continuing to eat. “Huh. Interesting,” she stated, though the tone of her voice said otherwise about her opinion. Not that any of them had actually heard her sound interested before, or any other emotion while she was sane. It wasn’t really surprising, though. Someone couldn’t have possibly done something that detailed without a object to draw from, right? Was that how art worked?

Jun leaned back in his chair, scratching the stubble that was starting to form on his chin as he thought about what he wanted to say. “Yeah, and we were actually going to go pay it-- him?-- our respects. Y’know, since we’re trespassing in his world and all,” he explained lightly, stumbling a bit over Rathoros’ gender.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 pm

A grimace was quick to form on Kazu's face and he took in a sharp breath before taking a hefty draught of wine. This was not good news. Kazu saw that statue and there was no way in the depths of Hell that he would just waltz right on into that thing's lair. He had faced many a frightening monster before, but the thing depicted by the statue which was rumored to be an unbeatable god in this land...it was just completely out there. However, Jun did bring up a valid point. "Damn, I hate that you're right. Probably best to go and say hello to this thing. The sooner we can get on its good side, the better," Kazu stated flatly, voicing his agreement clearly, albeit with a slight trace of displeasure.

"Ah, so you are going to visit Rathoros tomorrow? I can inform him of your visit, though he's honestly probably already expecting it," Mayor inquired, implying something about Rathoros that might be akin to omniscience, or at least elevated cognition. "I'll give you directions tomorrow; it's a fairly easy place to reach," the man said jovially. He seemed to be pleased that his otherworld guests were visiting the supposed god that ruled over Darnavan.

"That would be great," Rien spoke politely, sort of letting off a sigh of relief, but she noticed that Quin had been rather quiet as she often was. The woman took some more bites of food, keeping an eye on the girl to see how she would react to their little trip tomorrow.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:27 pm

Quin simply continued to eat, not really seeming all that fazed by the developments. After all, it would be interesting to see the beast. She didn’t have anything like that back home, or at least that she knew of. This would be a learning experience! Maybe she could even get some DNA samples or something for one of the Martins to mess around with. He would get a kick out of that.

At the mayor’s words, Jun sank a bit into his chair. Religion had never been his strong point, so he had no idea to deal with omniscience. He didn’t think he would like it if others knew his every wrong-doing. Hopefully Rathoros wouldn’t think he was some sort of monster, unworthy or too destructive to live in his world. On the other hand, Rien had seemed fairly excepting of it...
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm

The silence was probably the best result that Rien could hope for. At least Quin wasn't adamantly resisting the notion of meeting up with Rathoros, and though Kazu was reluctant, he was quick to come to a wise decision with sound reasoning to back it up. All was falling into place quite nicely. Now if the actual meeting itself could go perfectly, then they might be one step closer to getting home, though there was no telling when they would be whisked away to another world that may or may not be their home worlds. With a quaint smile upon her face, Rien finished eating her supper and sipped on her wine some more before excusing herself from the table in order to get back to her room. Once there, she took a seat at her desk and started writing her thoughts on Rathoros and the audience they would be having with him tomorrow. Thinking back to the statue in the mansion's foyer, Rien couldn't help but to feel a bit intimidated, especially when she combined its appearance with the story behind it, it being all-powerful and unbeatable anyway.

Back in the dining room, Kazu just shrugged his shoulders. Silence was golden. He shot a curious gaze at Rien; she left while the butlers cleared the table, even though Mayor said that dessert would be coming shortly. Kazu rubbed his flat stomach slowly. "She doesn't know what she's missing," Kazu said contentedly, eager to shovel down some sweet stuff. He hadn't eaten all day back in Sanctuary, so this was definitely a welcome treat. "What exactly is on the menu anyway?"

"Aha! I'm glad you asked," Mayor exclaimed jovially, pleased to see that his guests were enjoying his hospitality. "It's our town's specialty--Twilight Cake. Carrots, caramel, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mmm, that's good stuff. Doesn't that sound appealing?" he asked, giving a wink to the people remaining at the table.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:07 pm

Jun was pretty much reduced to a vegetative state at the thought. He hadn’t eaten this much or this good of food since...never. And now he was even away from the wasteland, feasting! Maybe he’d just died of dehydration and gone to heaven. “That sounds delicious...” he answered, taking a second to get over the shock and to wipe the drool off his chin a bit embarrassedly.

Quin frowned slightly at the unfamiliar words, but nodded politely nonetheless. She knew what carrots were (and they were disgusting), but everything else she had never heard of. Was brown sugar like chocolate? She was pretty sure that there was sugar in chocolate (or at least supposed to be), and chocolate was brown. From what she could work out, it sounded pretty disgusting, but then again, the rest of the food had been pretty good. Hopefully this would be good, too.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:28 pm

Kazu caught sight of the look in Jun's eyes. The guy had really let the food have it, but it wasn't surprising considering his background, or at least what Kazu knew of it. "I'm with Jun on this one; that honestly sounds like paradise," the assassin spoke up with a smirk, thoughts of Sanctuary and its capitol city, Paradise, running through his mind. I'll never be able to make remarks like that seriously again, Kazu thought, eliciting a mental mock-serious sigh. It did sound good though. Mayor made it appear to be some sort of carrot cake with some interesting ingredients tossed in the mix. Keeping his eyes on Mayor, his gaze flickered to a butler who was coming out of the kitchen holding a platter with a large cake on it that looked amazing. It was a beautiful orange color with beige and creamy white swirls that looked so smooth that it was incredible. The butler set the cake down and departed, and Kazu noticed that the dessert had been chilled. A butler on standby moved forward and cut the cake, delivering a slice upon each of the guests' plates before giving one to Mayor. Upon inspecting his slice, Kazu realized that the whole thing had a smooth consistently, kind of like cheesecake. He took his fork and dug it into the cake, putting the chunk into his mouth. The caramel was very prominent and the carrot taste wasn't overpowering--it was actually kind of sweet all on its own, not to mention the brown sugar and cinnamon accenting the saccharine nature. The smooth texture was a pleasant feeling in Kazu's mouth and he closed his eyes as he chewed the morsel slowly.

"Holy shit, that's good," Kazu murmured a bit more sensually than he really wanted to causing him to feel a bit embarrassed, though he wasn't about to let it show, his mind quickly making him regain his composure.

"Hmhmhm, indeed it is! We don't call it our specialty for nothing! How about you other two? What do you think of it?" Mayor said, wiping a bit of sweat from his brow with a handkerchief. "Phew, I'm thinking I might have had a bit too much wine," he added a bit more quietly, more to himself than anything.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Quin stared at the cake, hesitantly poking her slice with a fork. Carrots weren’t orange. What was this stuff? Since when were carrots orange? She raised an eyebrow at Kazu’s rather...strong reaction to the food. After the face he’d made, the cake couldn’t be that bad. She hesitantly broke a piece off with her fork, sticking the piece into her mouth. It was...smooth? She almost dropped her fork in surprise at the texture. “It’s not tough...” she muttered to herself in disbelief, recounting the few times before that she’d actually had cake. It was actually far better than Quin had expected. She continued to eat, though making sure not to eat nearly as fast as Jun was. He had pretty much tried to shove his entire slice into his mouth after the first bite.

True to Quin’s thoughts, Jun was shoveling the Twilight Cake into his mouth like it wouldn’t be there in the next ten seconds. “Thish ish weally ood!” he said, barely managing to garble out those words with a mouthful of cake.
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Masquerade Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:06 pm

Kazu stifled a laugh at Mayor's mention of too much wine. It was honestly strange, for he imagined the town's figurehead to be able to hold his alcohol just fine. Apparently, even this old guy had his limits. The others were ecstatic about the fantastic-tasting cake, or at least Jun was. Quin was stoic as usual, at least excluding the times she had completely lost it. He continued to delve into his own cake, enjoying the taste as he took bite after bite. "You'll have to make sure to save some of this for Rien," he said between bites, the comment directed towards Mayor who presumably decided what got saved and what didn't when there were leftovers and whatnot. Rien would have to try some of this, even if he didn't care for the chick that much. Everyone should be able to try a dessert this good.

"Can do, my otherworld guest," Mayor replied delightedly, motioning for a nearby server and whispering into the fellow's ear. "You'll...have to forgive me, but I need to retire for the night," the gentleman said, standing up from his seat, his body a bit wobbly signifying that his balance was definitely off. "Thank you for joining me for dinner. Breakfast will be equally as good, I can assure you," Mayor mused as he pushed his chair in and shakily meandered out of the dining room, bidding them all a good night.

"Drunk people are funny, I gotta say," Kazu spoke up as soon as Mayor was far out of earshot. He had spent a lot of time in taverns back in Amber City, so drunks were something he was used to. The nostalgia plucked at his heartstrings a bit, and he coughed suddenly, trying to regain his lighthearted composure.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Seer of Hope

Back to top Go down

Post by quackers are yummylicious Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:50 pm

Jun chuckled, waving Mayor off as he heard the generous man wobble off. His footsteps were all out of sync, giving Jun a rather good idea of what was going on despite not being able to see. Hearing Kazu, he frowned slightly, rubbing the side of his face absentmindedly. “I guess sometimes. When they’re happy,” he shrugged, pushing back his empty plate, and patting his stomach. “If we continue on like this, I might actually gain some weight,” he laughed. Despite the fact that he wore baggy clothing, he himself knew that his ribs were getting slightly less visible, and it was certainly a welcome sight.

Good night,” Quin had responded politely to the mayor, continuing to slowly eat her cake, if it could even be called that. Honestly, how was she going to get used to eating the food from Baiyu when she was being spoiled like this?
Has Virgin Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next